Sunday, November 11, 2007

Obituary - Veterans Day


Rodriguez

George Luis Rodriguez, Jr., 21, of Huntsville, Texas died Saturday, November 3, 2007 [in Balmorhea]. He was born on April 3, 1986 to George Luis Rodriguez and Cynthia (Ellis) Murton in Houston, Texas. George served his country in The United States Navy. He was a music lover that liked to play video games and play on his computer. In junior high and high school he was active in the L.O.T.C. and R.O.T.C.

George is preceded in death by his step-grandfather, Harry Thompson and aunt, Maggie Rodriguez. He is survived by his wife, Jillian Robinson Rodriguez [who survived the accident]; parents, Cynthia and John Murton, Jr.; brothers, David Rodriguez, Charles Hogan, John Murton III, and baby brother Nicholas George Murton; sisters, Vanessa and Brianna Rodriguez; biological father, George Luis Rodriguez; grandmother, Alicia; grandparents, Patricia and Bob Mullen and Johnny and Corliss Ellis; great-grandmother, Vivian; and numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends.

A visitation for family and friends will be from 5:00 until 7:00 PM Tuesday, November 06 at Sterling Funeral Home. Funeral services will be held at 10:00 AM on Wednesday, November 7 at Sterling Funeral Home with interment to follow in Palms Cemetery[in Liberty County].

A novel (torn in half), Rodriguez's computer and two empty Styrofoam cups of coffee were virtually the only items thrown from the car when he hit the tree on I-10 last week. They must have been in the front seat with the couple. I theorize that the computer was the distraction that allowed for Rodriguez's wandering to the left off the interstate, where he then overreacted sending the car into a skid to the right across both eastbound lanes into the trees.

Being present in the aftermath with Judge Carrasco, and having prayed at the now hallowed scene, left me with a sense of my own mortality and that of all sentient beings -- we are all, after all, only individual parts of a living organism we call the earth which is in constant renewal.

-Progress

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

My baby mommy sure luvs u. I miss u every single day. I praise God for the time he gave us with u. One thing u always knew ur mommy luvs u u are so very luvd by us all. We can't wait to see u again we knw u r with Jesus waiting for us. I luv u so much. One thing with this article is the lap top was not the cause my son was so tired he was driving frm San Diago CA. Frm the Navy heading home. My son fell asleep wnt off Over corrected wnt into a side skid n hit the tree. He had just married Jill was bringing her home to meet us an start their new life. Today Jill is very much a prt of our family. As a daughter we luv an two granbabies not of my son but gifted by God. So blessed an another baby boy on the way and son inlaw Sam. Lord ty for my family I am so honored u choose me to be their mom. Tht is a huge honor.. I luv u Lord...

Cyndi said...

I wish I could say it was coffee in his MC Donald's cup but it was orange juice not coffee.

imakrraziebubble said...

I can not go a single day with out missing my brudderr Georgie. i love(d) him and cherish all the memories i have of our friendship!!!!!!! Even tho it has almost been 5 years since he left this earth i can feel his presence with me always.And i am so grateful for having the privilege of him in my life for the 12 years we had!!!!